Sugarloaf Area Christian Ministry is in association with the American Baptist Churches of Maine, American Baptist Churches/USA and Skiers and Snowboarders for Christ in Maine. It is a cooperating friend of Vacationland Ministries.
At Sugarloaf Area Christian Ministry we seek to inspire in all persons a love for Christ and an eagerness to live out their responsibilities to God and to all people—without exception.
We seek to:
- Honor God with joy and love
- Grow and mature in Christ
- Connect people together for mutual encouragement
- Serve the Congregation and the World Community
- Bring the Good News to the Valleys and Mountains
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the scriptures are the inspired Word of God, our final authority in matters of faith and conduct. (Matt. 5:17, 18; John 10:35; II Tim. 3:16, 17, II Peter 1:21)
- We believe that there is only one living and true God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deut. 6:4; Is. 48:16; Matt. 28:19, Luke 3:22; John 1:1-3, 10:30 and 15:26)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, who became flesh, being conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died on the cross, rose bodily from the dead, ascended to the right hand of God where He intercedes on our behalf, and will one day return to judge the world and raise the dead. (John 1:1-3, 14, 18 and 8:58; Luke 1:26-35; II Cor. 5-21; I Cor. 15:3, 4; Rom. 8:34; I Thess. 4:14-17; Rev. 20:11-12)
We covenant with the Lord and with one another as one body in Christ. We agree, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian fellowship, to watch over one another in love, and to remember each other in prayer and to aid each other in sickness and distress, being mindful of the commands of our Savior. We unite in the support of a faithful Gospel ministry, evangelizing at home and to all nations.