Richard Bell Chapel
The Richard Bell Chapel at Sugarloaf was established in 1967 through the efforts of Richard Bell in whose memory it is named. Soon after the mountain opened in the 1950’s, members of the Ski Club, of which Richard Bell was an active part, felt the need for services of worship on the mountain. Dick Bell joined with other members of the Ski Club to build a chapel in which they could hold services. Their efforts were completed in 1967. The Chapel continues to be held and maintained in Trust by a Board of Directors comprised of Bell family members and other interested persons.